Pursuant to Assembly Bill 4 of the 32nd Special Legislative Session, all active registered voters in Nevada will be mailed a ballot for the 2020 General Election. In person voting will also be available during the early voting period and on election day.
We encourage voters to vote their mail ballot. Although, if you wish to vote at the polls, you may encounter longer than normal lines and wait times. To accommodate social distancing there will be fewer voting machines available and we will have poll workers sanitize machines in between voters. We suggest those who wish to vote in person to bring their mail-in ballot with them to speed up the check-in process. Also, per the Governors directive, we will be requiring voters who come to vote or return their mail-in ballot in person to wear a mask.
Voter Registration Deadlines
- October 5 & 6, 2020: In Person/Mail Voter Registration Deadline
In Person Extended Office Hours 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Last day to register, update registration, or change party affiliation for the General Election by mail or by appearing in person at the Churchill County Clerk’s Offices. Also, last day to register or update registration at State Agencies (DMV, Welfare etc.)
- October 7 – October 15, 2020: Online Voter Registration ONLY
Voters may register, update registration or change party affiliation for the General Election on the Secretary of State’s Internet Site www.RegisterToVoteNV.gov.
- October 16 – October 29, 2020: Online Voter Registration & Updates
Voters may register, update registration or change party affiliation online but will have to appear in person to vote. Voters must provide a valid Nevada Driver’s License or Nevada Identification Card and proof of residency.
- October 17 – October 30, 2020 and November 3, 2020: In Person Voter Registration & Updates
same day in-person registration, registration updates, or party affiliation changes at the polling location during vote center hours. Voters must provide a valid Nevada Driver’s License or Nevada Identification Card and proof of residency.
Mail-In Ballot Replacement
- The last day to request a replacement mail-in ballot is 10/27/20.
Mail-In Ballot Return
- If returning ballot in person, ballots must be received in the Clerk’s Office by 7:00 pm on election day (11/3/20). Ballot can be returned to Clerk’s Office or to the County’s drop box.
- If returning ballot by mail, ballots must be postmarked on or before election day and received in the Clerk’s Office on or before the seventh day after election day (11/10/20)
In Person Voting Options (Social Distancing and masks required)
- Early Voting – Churchill County Administrative Complex, 155 N. Taylor St., Fallon, NV
Saturday, October 17 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Monday, October 19 - Friday, October 23 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 24 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Monday, October 26- Friday, October 30 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Election Day – Fallon Convention Center, 100 Campus Way, Fallon, NV
Tuesday, November 3 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Confirm or Update Registration
- Online: www.registertovotenv.gov
Questions? Contact the Churchill County Clerk’s Office
- Phone: 775-423-6028
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out about elections and political parties in Churchill County: