Judge Thomas L. Stockard
Judge Stockard grew up in Southern California and after completing two years of college, he left the comfort of home and lived for two years among the people of rural Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil.
He began private practice doing a great deal of criminal defense work and family law. For the last twelve years, he worked as the Chief Deputy District Attorney with Churchill County. He has lived in the community for more than a decade serving on boards for youth sports organizations and youth dance and arts programs in the community. Also, he has volunteered at Fallon Daily Bread program, which provides hot meals to families in our community.
Judge Stockard has been the Judge for the Tenth Judicial District Court since July 2, 2012.
- Golden West College 1984 to 1987
- Brigham Young University 1989 to 1990
- Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School 1990 to 1993
Law Related Experience
- Law Offices of Thomas L. Stockard 1994 to 1999
- Chief Deputy District Attorney 1999 to 2012
- Washoe County Bar Association, 1993 to 1999
- Nevada District Attorney's Association, 1999 to Present
- Transitioning into Practice Standing Committee, State Bar of Nevada, 2012
- Member, Judicial Selection Commission, 2006 to 2012
- Northern Nevada Disciplinary Panel, State Bar of Nevada, 2008 to Present
- Judicial Discipline Commission - Alternate Member, January 2017 to Present
- President of Nevada District Judges Association 2019 to 2020
- NCJFCJ - National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
- Board of Directors, New Frontier Treatment Facility, 2002 to 2005
- Fallon Chamber of Commerce, 2004 to 2010
- Rotary International, Fallon Chapter, 2006 to Present