- District Attorney
- Meet the District Attorney
Meet the District Attorney
District Attorney Arthur E. Mallory was elected as District Attorney of Churchill County in November 1998. He has been dedicated to law enforcement and criminal prosecution for 41 of his 47-year professional career.
District Attorney Mallory is a past member of the State of Nevada Commission on Judicial Selection. He also served on the State Commission on Rural Courts and the Advisory Committee on Criminal Justice in Rural Areas. Mr. Mallory also served on the Nevada Supreme Court's Committee on Court Monitoring of Domestic Violence and has taught numerous seminars on that subject. He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and various lower state and federal courts.
Earlier in life, Mr. Mallory was the District Attorney of five counties outside of Atlanta, Georgia, where he investigated and tried all homicide and death penalty cases. He is one of only a few people ever to hold the elected office of District Attorney in two different states.
Mr. Mallory served in the United States military, active duty and reserve, and the National Guard from 1970 to 1991.
In 1986, the Smithsonian Institute and the American Trial Lawyers' Association named Mallory as one of the top prosecutors in America.
Mr. Mallory has two graduate degrees. He has taught Jury Persuasion for the American Bar Association and has been an instructor at the University of Nevada, Reno, in both the graduate and undergraduate programs, Emory law school, the National Advocacy Center and NITA.
- Fallon Navy League, Board of Directors 1998, Vice President 2000
- Boy Scouts of America, Chairman Nominating Committee, Pony Express District 1998
- Newlands Water Protection Association, Member
- Churchill Arts Council, Member
- Fallon Rotary Club, Member, Board of Directors 1996
- Churchill County Farm Bureau, Member
- Stillwater Firearms Association, Life Member, Instructor
- Churchill Economic Development Council, Member
- University of Nevada, Cooperative Extension, Governing Board 1998 to 2004
- Moderator-Cattlemen's Update, Fallon, NV, 1998
- Moderator-Nevada Alfalfa Symposium, Reno, NV, 1998
- NRA, life member and certified instructor
- Marine Corps League, Associate, Life member