Churchill County’s next date for eligible groups to receive the free COVID vaccine will be Wednesday, March 24 at the Churchill County Public Health Drive-Thru site off Miner’s Road, just south of the county fairgrounds. Please follow the signage and enter the fairgrounds via Miner’s Road off Hwy 95 South. Vaccines are available on a first-come, first-served basis with limited availability. Sheckler Road no longer offers direct access to the vaccine site.
To expedite your vaccination process (both first and second dose as applicable), please print and fill out the “COVID-19 Questionnaire” and “Pre-Vaccination Checklist” forms and bring them with you to the fairgrounds.
March 24 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. (or as long as limited supply lasts). Drive-in, no appointments needed.
- Ages 55+
- Department of Corrections employees, law enforcement/public safety employees, local emergency operators, education and childcare employees and Nevada System of Higher Education frontline educators, staff and students
- Community support frontline staff including those working to serve vulnerable populations with food service, shelter services, court/legal and social services; essential public transportation workers, state and local government officials and staff limited to Lane 1.2 of the State of Nevada Playbook, essential public health workforce and mortuary services
- Frontline Supply & Logistics: as described in the State of Nevada Playbook, Lane 1.3.1-1.3.6
- Frontline Commerce and Service industries as described in State of Nevada Playbook, Lane 1.4.1-1.4.3
- Frontline infrastructure as described in State of Nevada Playbook, Lane 1.5.1 (essential mine staffs are pending State approval and will be scheduled at a different time.)
PER THE STATE OF NEVADA, CHURCHILL COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DRIVE-THRU WILL NOT BE SERVING THE BELOW POPULATION(S). Please reach out to Walgreens, Safeway, CVS or Walmart for availability:
- Ages 18-54, with underlying conditions.
- Ages 16-18, must contact providers that have Pfizer (Moderna and Janssen have not been approved for use with this age group)
Employees of any of the groups listed must be employed in Churchill County, bring proof of employment such as a recent paystub, letter of employment signed by the business owner or employer-issued identification to receive the vaccine. Residents should bring proof of age (like a current driver’s license).
Second Doses ONLY
PER THE STATE OF NEVADA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT, YOU MUST RECEIVE YOUR SECOND DOSE AT THE SAME LOCATION AS YOU RECEIVED YOUR FIRST DOSE.
March 24 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. and March 25 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Miner’s Road off Hwy 95 south.
Please refer to your vaccination card to see when you are eligible for your second vaccine dose.
GETTING TO THE VACCINE AND TESTING SITE
All persons should arrive to Miners Road from Highway 95 south. Anyone blocking state highways (including Hwy 95 and Sheckler) will be cited by law enforcement.
- Churchill Area Regional Transportation, or CART, is available to take local eligible vaccine populations who don’t have a ride to the fairgrounds to receive their COVID vaccine. Masks are required when riding the CART bus. To arrange for a ride to the fairgrounds, call CART at (775)428-2988 weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. This service will continue each week during vaccination dates at the fairgrounds until further notice.
- Medicaid recipients needing a ride to the fairgrounds for the vaccine should contact Medicaid for an expedited request. Medicaid is waiving the five-day ride request requirement for those seeking the vaccine.
- Special Arrangements - If you or someone you know cannot access CART or leave their home to obtain the vaccine please call (775)423-6695, option 2 to be reviewed for alternative options.
Other County Locations Offering the Vaccine:
Vaccines are available via local pharmacies to those ages 16+ with certain underlying conditions as defined by state and federal authorities. All pharmacies require an email and for you to create an account to schedule your vaccine appointment:
Via appointment through their online portal: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
Via appointment through their online portal: https://safeway.com/pharmacy.html
Via appointments through their online portal: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19.
Via appointment through their online portal: https://www.walmart.com.
As vaccines continue to roll out, Churchill County will work as efficiently as possible to administer these vaccines over the coming weeks. Additional vaccine dates and information will be provided on county’s website when available.