Churchill County’s COVID vaccine and testing schedule for September is posted. Due to shortages in Nevada, the county will not be offering rapid COVID tests this month. County will offer PCR tests which take a few days to get results back from the state.
No COVID services will be offered Fridays through Sundays or on Labor Day, Sept. 6 as we observe the holiday. No appointments are needed for any COVID services at any location.
Those 18 and older may receive the free Moderna, Pfizer or Janssen vaccine and those ages 12-17 will receive the Pfizer vaccine.
- Mondays (Sept. 13, 20, 27) – Testing at Miner’s Road Public Health Site from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Vaccines at Pennington Life Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 7 – Testing and vaccines at Miner’s Road Public Health Site from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Sept. 14, 21, 28 – Testing and vaccines at Miner’s Road Public Health Site from 10 a.m. 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays (Sept. 8, 15, 22, 29) – Testing and vaccines at Miner’s Road Public Health Site from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and vaccines only at Pennington Life Center from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursdays (Sept. 9, 16, 23) – Testing and vaccines at Miner’s Road Public Health Site from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and vaccines only at Pennington Life Center from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 30 – Testing and vaccines at Miner’s Road Public Health Site from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and vaccines only at Pennington Life Center from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Schedule in calendar format.
The Miner’s Road Public Health Site is located at 485 Miner’s Road off if Highway 95 south in Fallon. The Pennington Life Center is located at 952 S. Maine Street in Fallon.
Please bring a photo ID. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Churchill County now offers a third dose of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines to those who self-report as being immunocompromised at any of its regularly-scheduled vaccine events (see September schedule above).
Those who want the third dose should match the dose type used with their primary vaccine series (if you got Pfizer earlier in the year, ask for Pfizer for the third dose) and wait 28 days after their second dose to be eligible for their third vaccine.
The third dose is only available for those who received the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines at this time. Please bring your vaccination card with you if wanting a third dose. If you can’t find your card, you may download it from WebIZ.
Please print and fill out the “COVID-19 Questionnaire” and “Pre-Vaccination Checklist” forms and bring them with you to the vaccine site. The forms will also be available at the vaccine site.
If you or someone you know is homebound, or cannot access the vaccine site for whatever reason, please call (775)423-6695, option 2 to discuss alternative options.