As a member of the Western Nevada Development District, Churchill County would benefit from a stellar candidate successfully applying for this position. Is that you?
Western Nevada Development District (WNDD) seeks a full-time Executive Director. WNDD is a nonprofit organization serving a seven-county region in western Nevada: Churchill, Douglas, Humboldt, Mineral, Pershing, Storey, and Washoe Counties, including the seven cities of Fallon, Lovelock, Fernley, Sparks, Reno, Carson City and Winnemucca and the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe.
Job requirements include:
- Reports to a 49-member Board of Directors and Associate Members;
- Implement policies and directives of the Board;
- Requires excellent written and verbal communications;
- Organizes and directs staff;
- Manage Board meetings to include organizing agenda, Board packet, and staff reports;
- Experience in public administration, fiscal management, budget preparation, economic development and project planning and management;
- Ability to work with representatives of the public and private sectors;
- Grant research, writing and administration experience;
- Maintaining, updating and implementing WNDD’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS);
- On-going administration of WNDD Revolving Loan Fund;
- Development and implementation of programs benefitting individual members as well as programs of a regional approach in addressing economic development issues
Salary Range: $75,000 - plus benefits, includes health insurance stipend, dental, vision
Exempt: This position is classified as Exempt
Responsibilities: Responsible for all WNDD activities; Board and membership relations; personnel administration; regional economic development planning; budget and grant management
Skills Required: Extensive knowledge of state, federal, and local programs, rules and regulations; strong written and oral communication skills; computer skills
Education Required: A four-year degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Regional and Community Planning or related field – or – combination of education, training and at least a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in public and/or non-profit agencies
To apply: submit letter of application and resume to Sheryl A. Gonzales, Executive Director at: email@example.com no later than Friday, April 1, 2022.