Books, Bites and Beverages: A Literary Adventure is back! This popular fundraiser for the Churchill County Library, on hiatus for a couple of years, returns on Friday, Aug. 5 at 6:30 p.m. for all to enjoy.
Sponsored by the Churchill Library Association, the fundraiser includes wine, refreshments, and the opportunity to support the library and have a good time. Tickets are $30. Raffle baskets accompany each literary-themed table and raffle tickets are $5 each or 6 for $25. The wine pull allows participation even if you can’t attend at $20 per ticket for a bottle of wine randomly selected.
Featured books for the themed tables include:
- “The Pages,” a novel by Hugo Hamilton
- “The Song of Achille,” a novel by Madeline Miller
- “Shadows Reel,” a novel by Amor Towles
- “American Cake: From Colonial Gingerbread to Classic Layer, the Stories & Recipes Behind More Than 125 of Our Best-Loved Cakes” by Anne Bryn
- “Nathaniel Rabbit’s Bedtime Story” by Steve Rubin and illustrated by Sean Kinsley
All tickets are available now at the library and at the door the day of the event. The library is located at 553 South Maine Street in Fallon and online at www.churchillcountylibrary.org. The number is (775)423-7581.
Photo: Crowd enjoys the 2019 Books, Bites & Beverages event.